Monday, March 24, 2014

Child's Play

(Written Sunday evening.)

Since I arrived yesterday, our time has been spent enjoying the children here at Dorie's Promise.  It is so good to reconnect with the people that I love so much. 

I was able to spend most of the afternoon and evening with Yire and Alejandra yesterday.  We enjoyed the beautiful sunshine to color outside, did bath time, and helped with supper.  To my surprise and great excitement, when I went in their room to help with bathes, I found that the bears we sent them are still on their beds.  I was completed prepared for them to be gone through rough housing or clean up.  But no, they are still there and Mama Lucy tells me that they sleep with them every night.  A part of us is here with them all the time.



 
This afternoon we took all of the older kids to the park for a game of soccer and to play.  It is now certified that I am old and out of shape.  My mind still has the speed and moves but my body doesn't agree when competing with teenagers and Guatemalans.  My efforts were rewarded with brush burn from the dirt and peddle field.  Luckily Pablo was right there to spray the antiseptic spray directly onto the cuts in ample quantity when I cleaned my leg up, with a smile on his face.

 
Nonetheless, it was a great day and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment