Friday, March 7, 2014

7: This Praying Thing is Hard


Like I warned you, this is going to be the hardest month for me.  Just last night Becky asked me how my pauses were going—crappy!  I am late for approximately 3 of the 7 pauses each day and the Night Watch is not a guarantee.  I knew that the Night Watch would be hard so I gave myself the grace to pray whenever I was awake at night.  Who knew that 2 of the 6 nights so far this month I wouldn’t wake up until early morning.  That’s completely unheard of for me.

 

What I do know is that I need to focus more on taking the time to pause each day.  I’ve been able to keep up with a short daily devotional but stopping during the day to pray is just hard.  I’m wired to fit as much as possible into each day.  Slowing down and stopping don’t equate to productivity on my to-do list.  But, it certainly can’t hurt to stop and readjust during the day.  As of tonight, I’m adding Outlook reminders.  We’ll see if it helps when it really is on my to-do list…

No comments:

Post a Comment