Saturday, November 30, 2013

7: Nobody Cares What You Wear

After spending the last month rotating through the same 7 clothes, I've come to the conclusion that no one really notices or cares what I wear.  People might admire something I wear but they aren't keeping track.  As one of my coworkers said just the other day, he hadn't really noticed that I was wearing the same thing all month.  Partially because it wasn't worrying me nearly as much as Month 2: Food I'm sure.

What's been surprising is that I haven't really cared that much either.  That's not to say that I haven't missed some of my clothes this month.  There's a couple shirts I'd really like to wear (like the 2 new ones that I ordered on sale) and I miss my shoes.  I've learned that I can use my clothes more wisely if I'm forced to be creative and I need many less options.  As a bonus, I saved a lot of time this past month by not worrying about my outfits.  I didn't get laughed at by Brandon while standing in front of my closet just staring.

Final Thoughts about Clothes:
  • Dirty is relative.  I can wear items several times before I wash them.  
  • Given a few accessories, one shirt can be worn 3 times a week and nobody says anything.
  • Less choices make you more creative about how you wear your clothes.
  • Neither me nor my kids need clothes that we only wear 1 or 2 times.
  • I am blessed because even with only 7 clothes, I was able to wash them whenever I want.
  • Clothes don't make me.  They only provide an outward way for me to define myself. 
To end the month, I cleaned a few more items out of my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment