What's been surprising is that I haven't really cared that much either. That's not to say that I haven't missed some of my clothes this month. There's a couple shirts I'd really like to wear (like the 2 new ones that I ordered on sale) and I miss my shoes. I've learned that I can use my clothes more wisely if I'm forced to be creative and I need many less options. As a bonus, I saved a lot of time this past month by not worrying about my outfits. I didn't get laughed at by Brandon while standing in front of my closet just staring.
Final Thoughts about Clothes:
- Dirty is relative. I can wear items several times before I wash them.
- Given a few accessories, one shirt can be worn 3 times a week and nobody says anything.
- Less choices make you more creative about how you wear your clothes.
- Neither me nor my kids need clothes that we only wear 1 or 2 times.
- I am blessed because even with only 7 clothes, I was able to wash them whenever I want.
- Clothes don't make me. They only provide an outward way for me to define myself.