Wednesday, October 2, 2013

7: Month 2 Begins

The 7 Fast has moved from my possessions to my kitchen.  Month 2 focuses on Food.  This month we have 7 foods that we have chosen to make up our complete diet.  To prepare for our new challenge, we did what any food loving Americans would do, we went out to dinner!

 

That's right folks, I had Honey Barbecue Chicken Flatbread, Smirnoff Ice, and Chocolate Fudge Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream.  This was my last meal without restrictions.  Honestly, I made sure to have lots of my favorite foods on Monday--a Snickers bar, Swiss Cake rolls, and some pizza. 


This is my buffet for October:  Wheat Bread, Chicken, Eggs, Apples, Potatoes, Special K Red Berries, and Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream.  I know myself well enough to know that I had to include something sweet and that I can eat cereal for any meal. As Becky pointed out, I don't have any vegetables but I wasn't willing to give up my ice cream.   I'm trying to give myself a fighting chance.  No pasta, sauce, or cheese is going to require some creativity to make different meals for a whole month. 

This month may choose to be one of the hardest for me.  I tend to snack during the day and I like variety in my diet.  There are temptations everywhere--work, home, church, most places I go.  Now I have to be careful everywhere I go.  I even have a post-it note on my desk at work so I won't forget.  No more church suppers on Wednesday, I'll be packing.  Becky and I will be the only people not eating cake at the wedding in a couple weeks.  Just now I've realized that I'll be packing on Sunday for our Missions Team lunch as well. 

I'm about to be that weird person with strange food issues.  The challenge is to use my own weirdness to grow thankfulness within myself and share the reality of hunger in my area and around the world.  Actually, the biggest challenge will be not to cheat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment