Friday, February 8, 2013

Obedience is Messy

As time passes and situations progress, I find that being obedient is not only scary but sometimes it also can land you right in the middle of a mess.  I will be the first to tell you that my life is a mess--wife, mother, business owner, cook, maid, child of God--rolled up together trying to make sure that nothings forgotten and hoping I occasionally remember to shave my legs.

Sometimes though it's not just my mess that impacts our lives.  If you are willing to go and do what God is calling you to it will be other people's messes too.  Even though I was away for a few days for work, other people's messes still interrupt my life.  I have trouble sleeping just thinking about the situation.  I check in to make sure that there hasn't been a complete collapse.  I try to pray about what the next step looks like.

The truth is that Jesus would have walked right into that mess.  I just wish that I had his wisdom and words.  Even with that though, the question would still remain--Would they hear the message?  Would they listen to the words?  Are they ready to change? 

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

No comments:

Post a Comment