Friday, December 14, 2012

Rabbit Hunters

I wish that I had the thoughtfulness to take a picture of the wild rabbit hunting that I witnessed last weekend but unfortunately I did not.  Alas, I will have to attempt to paint the picture for you.  My daughters and their friends watched a wild rabbit running through our corn field Sunday afternoon, I believe the dog was following close behind.  The next thing that I knew, they came into the house scheming about how to catch a wild rabbit and what tools they needed.

After parameters were set as to where their search area could be, armed with a 5-gallon bucket, a sand bucket, and a sand wagon, they set off to search for the wild rabbit.  This rabbit was destined to become our newest pet.  The dog was not invited on the trip but 4 little girls set off on an adventure.  Watching them out the kitchen window, I knew that they had no chance of catching the speedy bunny but I admired their ingenuity and creativity.  I love that they could happily play outside--no tv, no computer, just imagination.

Needless to say, they didn't catch the rabbit but it was a good story.  

I was reading in Genesis about Noah last week and wondered how he was able to gather all the animals.  Catching a rabbit would have been easy compared to Noah's task.  I had always had a vision of Noah somehow herding the animals.  It wasn't until this time that I noticed a very important part.

Genesis 7:8-9 "Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, CAME to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah."

Noah wasn't out with a bucket collecting the animals.  As only God could orchestrate, the animals came to the ark.  God doesn't call us to an impossible job without equipping us with the tools to succeed.  We need only to believe in his ways and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment