Friday, September 14, 2012

Redeemed Brokeness

In the last few weeks I find myself humming my new favorite song, "Sweetly Broken" by Jeremy Riddle.  One song--a realization, a challenge, and a hope woven together. 

"To the cross I run, To the cross I cling" I wish I could say this was true.  Too many times I insist on being responsible to do everything myself.  I don't want to pass my responsibilities to anyone else.  I certainly cannot be seen as incapable of handling the challenges I am given.  Nobody likes a whiner.

"I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered" Getting to the place where I can accept that the obstacles and distractions of this world are turned over to God and my focus is living radically for God without fear of the consequences. 

Broken (excerpted from Webster's Dictionary)
  • Shattered
  • Damaged
  • Interrupted
  • Violated
  • Weakened
  • Crushed
  • Disconnected
I think that this year is really a journey of brokenness that I need to embrace.  When all is stripped away, I'm left here alone, with nowhere to hide, and only one place to go.  It's really about my choices, my reactions, my complete reliance on God's goodness and fulfillment.  The path of brokenness is not fun, I don't recommend seeking it, but maybe it will be life changing. 

What if  rejection, loneliness, exhaustion, disappointment, and attacked could become  Encouraged, Confident, Motivated, and Joyful? 

Redeem (excerpted from Webster's Dictionary)
  • Win back
  • Clear
  • Restore
  • Fulfill
Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 comment: