Friday, August 12, 2011

The Beauty of Life

As we walked through the ghetto, cemetery, and dump in Guatemala, I intentionally tried to photograph the beauty that I saw there.  I was struck by the fact that even in the depths of poverty, the people of Guatemala still have a sense of pride in their homes and community.  Their hospitality was far greater than their means.







Discarded magazines from the dump are rolled into beautiful beads.  Displays overflow with necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.  The pieces are not only beautiful to purchase but also provide a path to greater independence for the women who create them. 



Being in Guatemala made me appreciate the beauty of life.  It had nothing to do with big houses, nice clothes, or fancy jewelry.  The beauty of life is being content and satisfied with the path that God has chosen for my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment