Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In the Beginning

For many years, I've pondered the thought of a blog but I didn't know what to write or have the guts to follow through.  I am fiercely private but thanks to a wonderful conversation in the Canadian Rockies, I decided to take the leap.  My intention is to honestly share my personal walk as I try to discern and follow God's path for my life. 

In less than two weeks, I'll be on a plane headed to Guatemala City with three friends.  We'll spend one week volunteering at a private orphanage.  With their guidance, we'll also journey to a government-run orphanage, a ghetto, and the Guatemala City Dump.  Why the dump?  Because thousands of people, adults and children alike, live there, trying to collect enough to sell and exist.  Enough children live there that a school has been built just for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment